This is actually a post I have been looking forward to sharing with our followers. I love learning about bloggers that I follow and today is my turn to share a little about me with you. Without further ado…
1. What’s your middle name? Marie. I know, it’s the name I go by. Opal is my first name. A family name and one that no one has ever called me.
2. What was your favorite subject in school? I feel like I should say recess, but that wouldn’t be true. In high school it was English and in college it was History.
3. What are 3 things you can’t leave home without? It’s sad to say but a snack, my cell phone and usually a kid.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment? It’s hard to pick just one. When we turn on some music every kid gets to pick a song and we tend to jam out and we acquire quite a few favorites. Right now I love Juicy Wiggle, Humble and Kind and Girl Crush.
5. What is your favorite food? I love ALL food — except seafood, not a fan.
6. What is the last thing you bought? Shoes for my kids. School is starting so we are getting ready. Not a bad purchase. Let’s see if they can make it to Christmas.
7. Favorite Book? I don’t have a favorite book, but I DO love to read. Right now I am reading a 3 part series by Dean Hughes. The 1st book is titled “The Wind and the Waves” and I loved it. I am now on the 2nd book “Through Cloud and Sunshine” and it is just as good.
8. Favorite color? Turquoise
9. How tall are you? I pretend I am 5′ 3″ but I’m really 5′ 2 1/2″.
10. Favorite perfume? Happy — always has, always will.
11.Favorite Holiday? Halloween! I love Fall. It’s my favorite time of year. I love the leaves changing and the smell in the air. I love to dress up for Halloween and decorate my home. I am sad to say I have more Halloween decorations than any other holiday. Is that bad?
12. What I did yesterday? I went school shopping with my daughter and a great friend and her daughter. Ate some great food and spent some money. Always a good time.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, and if so how many times? Boy this question is depressing and makes me realize I am not a very exotic person. I have been out of the country once and it was on a cruise to Mexico.
14. What 3 things make me happy? My family, good food and a clean house.
15. Favorite stores? I don’t go shopping very much but when I do go without any kids I tend to hit Hobby Lobby or Gordman’s.
16. Favorite Restaurant? I love the Tepanyaki Grill. AMAZING.
17. Favorite Movie? This one took some time. I realized that I don’t have one favorite but that I like a lot of movies. I like Grease, Ever After, Twilight Series, Thor and the Lord of the Rings Series.
18. When was the last time you cried? On Sunday, in Church. I had a moment with my son and husband, I was so proud of both of them and grateful to be with them. Sometimes you gotta cry happy tears.
20. What are some of your favorite hobbies? I love crafting, exercising, reading, camping, and pretty much anything outdoors and being with my family.
21. Favorite TV shows? My family and I love America’s Got Talent right now. I’m into season 5 of Gilmore girls on Netflix. I also love Botched and anything on HGTV.
22. What are 3 of your fears? Open water, the unknown with my kids, not being good enough.
23. What phone do you have? iPhone 5S
24. Do you have any pets? Yes. A donkey named Jake, a white Lab named Kovax and a Husky Wolf Lab mix name Coon.
25. Can you cook? I like to think I can. My husband tells me that he likes that I try new recipes. I love food and love my crock pot. Unfortunately I tend to get tired of cooking before I run out of ideas for meals.
There you have it, me in a nutshell.