Hello! It seems like forever since I’ve posted. Misty was kind enough to take over my post for me two weeks ago because I had A TON of things going on in my neck of the woods. That’s the great thing about Marie and Misty, they’re always there for me and willing to help when they can. Sisters are AWESOME!!
We thought with it being summer time, we’d take a step back, relax a little and give everyone a chance to meet us. Since we started the blog, we haven’t taken the opportunity for you to get to know us. So in the next month or two, we’re going to share a few fun facts about ourselves. We hope you enjoy.
I’m up first! Here I go…
1. What is your middle name? Renae
2. What was favorite subject in school? History – in high school — and probably my communication classes in college.
3. What are 3 things you can’t leave home without? Well, I have two kids so that takes up two but if I have a day where it’s just me I’d say my phone, my chapstick and my purse (it has everything I need in it). 🙂
4. What is your favorite song at the moment? Ice, Ice Baby. Yes, you heard that right. “Ice, Ice Baby too cold, too cold!” Now it’s going to be stuck in your head the rest of the day, huh? I gotta say this is my favorite right now because my two-year-old asks to listen to it and he’s simply the cutest little dancer and he sings along with it quite well!
5. What is your favorite food? Anything I don’t have to cook. Ha!
6. What is the last thing you bought? Groceries…I wish it was more exciting than that but sadly it’s not.
7. Favorite book? I shared a couple of my favorites in my “Favorite Snuggle Up Books” post.
8. Favorite Color? Red
9. How tall are you? 5’8″
10. Favorite Perfume? Dark Kiss by Bath and Body Works. It’s a retired scent but it can still be found online in lotion form. I also found it in stores this past spring so I guess it’s more like semi-retired.
11. Favorite Holiday? Christmas. It hasn’t always been my favorite but now that our kiddos are getting older and actually understand the excitement of it all, I get excited about it and love seeing their faces Christmas morning.
12. What I did yesterday? Well, I actually felt pretty productive yesterday. I cleaned some of the house, did some yard work, went to the park with the hubby and boys and ran a few errands. Nothing exciting but a fairly typical day at the Blacker household.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times? 5 times – Mexico, Caribbean (twice), Europe and Canada (does that count? We had to have our passports. Haha).
14. What 3 things make me happy? My family, a good cup of hot chocolate and warm summer nights.
16. Favorite restaurant? I don’t have one.
17. Favorite Movie? Brokedown Palace with Claire Danes
18. When was the last time you cried? Last week. We recently bought a rental property and we have been doing some work on it before we rent it. I was feeling guilty because our boys have had their schedule completely thrown off, very little mommy time and I just was feeling beat. But luckily, we’re wrapping things up and I feel like we’re getting back to our familiar routine.
20. What are some of your favorite hobbies? Graphic design, DIY projects and traveling.
21. Favorite TV shows? These are all on Netflix — Parenthood, Drop Dead Diva, Alias, Hart of Dixie and Ugly Betty just to name a few.
22. What are 3 of your fears? Not being a good wife & mother, two-lane highways and open water (even though I’ve been on cruises before the idea of open water FREAKS me out).
23. What phone do you have? Samsung Galaxy S5
24. Do you have any pets? Yes, a sweet Hungarian Vizsla named Roxy!
25. Can you cook? That’s a question to ask my family but I think I’m pretty good at it. There have been some pretty miserable recipe attempts, sometimes I don’t quite get it right but I’m not afraid to try something new. My boys are the judges of if I make it again or not.
There you go. A few random facts about me.